Female picking on female.Worried since I'm about to breed.Help?

MomokoCove

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I got 2 females and one male recently yes?Well, I want to breed Dahlia with Shade.But more importantly I was going to breed Caledonia with a CT.Maybe a VT...I'm not sure.But whenever I put Dahlia back in it's not long before she's nipping at Caledonia.It's going to be bad enough when I get ready to breed my Caledonia.Will getting another female help?

Kupcake

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Females do better in larger groups 3-5 is good, odd numbers help too. But remember they are bettas and you might have one female that doesnt get on with any of the others. You should always have a back up plan and never just assume they will be a happy community fish.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
bettas do not like other bettas..males or females....and MOST sororities, have issues....maybe not right away, but most times its a garuntee....yours are already showing you that its not going to work i would separate those girls asap before someone gets seriously hurt

Martinismommy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you are planning on breeding that female needs to be by herself....Females need to be conditioned for weeks before spawning....This is not something to be taken lightly....I'm sure if you are planning on spawning you must have a space for that female to be by herself....

Good luck!

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads