Help Female Or Male Balloon Molly?

nicolehennessy

Reaction score
Hi, one my ballon moly’s recently spawned. I got them from the store a couple of weeks ago so I’m not sure if one of them was pregnant from there or they are a breeding pair so could you help identify if they are female or Male in the pictures? I’m also pretty sure that the black ones stomach has been getting larger so maybe they are both female and pregnant from the store, as the white ones stomach became much smaller after the fry turned up.
IMG_5285.JPG

IMG_5287.JPG

Sorry the pictures are not the best quality they move quite fast haha

Kittenluna

Reaction score
It is really easy to tell the difference. Females analfins are shaped like a fan and males are shaped like a thick stick. It looks like the black/marble one is female. I can't see the other ones analfins

Coptapia

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I can, they’re both female.

OP
nicolehennessy

nicolehennessy

Reaction score
Thankyou so much! Do you think the marble one is pregnant it’s stomach is getting bigger ? Or maybe she’s just fat haha

Coptapia

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They’re probably both pregnant. They usually are, and they can store sperm for months so they could have a few batches...

OP
nicolehennessy

nicolehennessy

Reaction score
Coptapia said:
They’re probably both pregnant. They usually are, and they can store sperm for months so they could have a few batches...
That’s good news! When the last was gave birth I only found three of the fry now I only have two left hopefully I’ll get some more!

New Threads