Female Krib dying

Discussion in 'Kribensis - Kribs' started by BroolynKribs, Mar 17, 2010.

1. B

BroolynKribs New Member Member

I've had my girls for sometime now and I come home today and shes swimming vertically basically not using her back tail. I had my water tested today and everything is in normal range. Any ideas? I do not see any bite marks on her, nor have I see her get chased around. I'm lost on this one. I've been doing some research and the closet thing I can see it being is swim bladder disease but she doesn't have all the systems of that either. If she does have that wouldn't I have to see something in the water change like ph amonia, nitrate something?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  2. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

Do you know what the exact test results were? What an LFS calls 'good' & 'normal' is often not the case at all. Also did they use liquid or paper tests? Usually swim bladder disease is caused by poor water conditions though I'm not sure that this is the problem.

3. OP
    OP
    B

I used water tests. I have a emperor 400 and 280 going on my 75gal the water temp is 77.6 the ph is 7.2 0 amonia and 0 nitrites

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  4. e

evan New Member Member

What else is in the tank and who is the newest member? How recent was the last water change before you started noticing symptoms?

5. OP
    OP
    B

she passed the next morning. I had just done a water change that morning and she was acting that way that night. I did a 20% water change

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice