Female guppy question

Marlene327
This little lady is squaring off and quite large. The gravid spot is very light in color, my others are very dark before they drop. Is this normal with some? Just hoping the fry have developed normally.

emeraldking
The color or intensity of the gravid spot may differ per individual female. But also mood can change the color of the gravid spot. And it also depends on the base coloration of the embryos.
Blonde females only have a lighter colored gravid spot if the embyos will also be blonde based, translucent or whitish. If a blonde femals develops grey or another color based embryos, the gravid spot will become darker.

Marlene327
emeraldking said:
The color or intensity of the gravid spot may differ per individual female. But also mood can change the color of the gravid spot. And it also depends on the base coloration of the embryos.
Blonde females only have a lighter colored gravid spot if the embyos will also be blonde based, translucent or whitish. If a blonde femals develops grey or another color based embryos, the gravid spot will become darker.
Thank you for that, glad you saw my question! I bought a pair of Japan Blue guppies and am looking forward to raising their fry. My others are all yellow or orange or red, happy for this new color! I've set up a 10 gallon tank just for them, and last night Momma became the only one in it and is bored!

Latest threads

Top Bottom