Female Guppy Is Sick?

kiburiburi

7F406BA6-78CE-460B-9A1D-116850B16493.jpeg
6FA9697A-5C75-4686-838E-B965AE9E0AD6.jpeg
image.jpg I have had guppies for a while (still don’t know they exact species I’m sorry..), and I’ve had a certain female for a while. She’s kinda like the woman of tank. Unfortunately, I recently viewed my tank and she now has a completely black tail (not just the fin) and her scales are sticking out a little bit (almost like that of a pinecone). She also seems a bit slimy (?)

I don’t know what to do, I don’t want to lose her; she’s been here for so long (she’s even lost an eye..). I have her in quarantine right now. None of the other males and females look sickly; their coloration is fine and they’re all swimming around.

Now, I have a guess as to maybe why she’s ill? I recently refilled the tank, so I’m wondering if the pH is off?
I won’t lie, I don’t actually have anything to test the pH. I know, that’s really bad...maybe they’ve all gotten accustomed to the water they’ve always been in though? Because they’ve been fine and I’ve had them for years..I don’t know I’m sorry, anyways: maybe she’s just old?

But then again, why is it just her? And why is it just her tail? And her scales are sticking out? She’s also laying on the bottom, but occasionally swims a little bit...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sam2671

What is your ammonia reading? Wondering if it might something along the lines of an ammonia burn

kiburiburi

Well I just got back from the pet store, so I’ll be checking up on my tank in a few minutes, but unfortunately my fish passed away...I came home from the store and she somehow leapt out of the quarantine bowl and onto the floor. Sigh, I’m so frazzled :,,/

Sam2671

I’m very sorry to hear that

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
jpm995
Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views
bored411