Female Guppy having trouble Help

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by tunastrack, Jan 6, 2013.

1. tunastrackWell Known MemberMember

Hello. Today I noticed my favorite female guppy Blondie was dropping her fry. I could tell right away something was off with her. After watching her for quite a while I have seen her have several dead babies. Which look like they are already starting to decompose. So I am very concerned for her.

This girl has been through quite a bit. In fact she is my only survivor from my org girls after being treated for Camallanus Worms. and I would hate to see something happen to her.

Any suggestions or help of anything that I can do for her is greatly appreciated!. I was considering giving her a salt bath? But so far I am just letting her do her own thing like I normally would if the fry were alive. It just seems a very slow process this time. And she is usually quick and handles it well. Really hope she is ok. :(

2. Bettalover99Valued MemberMember

Well it doesn't sound like she is equipt for producing. Just like dogs my friend bred her dog 8 times! And then wondered why pups were dying. I would suggest removing the female from any male contact, she sounds older and probably needs a break. She should not be spawned any more

3. tunastrackWell Known MemberMember

Shes not being spawned hasnt for at least 3 months. Female guppies hold sperms for up to 6 months.

4. Bettalover99Valued MemberMember

I am aware, well in that case there isn't much you can do

5. tunastrackWell Known MemberMember

You know I try to do what is best by my fish, I have studied a lot about them. Especially livebearers etc. Since those are some of my favorites. I know what they need for the most part. I just have not come across this particular problem yet. And suspect it has more to do with her having been through the ringer with the Canallanus Worms and treatment for them then my bad care or neglect or something. My fish get feed a variety of good foods, water changes every week or more even on days when I have issues with pain etc. I love my fish and am very proud of them.

6. Bettalover99Valued MemberMember

You sound like a very good owner and you have lucky fish unfortunately sometimes things don't go our way

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice