Female Gt Being Harassed

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by MHansen12, Apr 17, 2017.

1. MHansen12

MHansen12 Valued Member Member

So today as I am looking at my GT pair, I noticed the female is missing a little part of her fin (just her tail fin the top part was inflicted at the LFS)

I only have 2 other tanks, a 10 gal with a betta, and a 20 long with Tanganyikan shell dwelling Cichlids. I am getting Cichlid stones in about 2 days for the tank and received a piece of Manzanita wood today in the mail. Do you think I should let her get harassed for the 2 days or move her? Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. Bizarro252

Bizarro252 Well Known Member Member

So right now there is no deco in the tank? You could make a jerry-rigged divider in the meantime just to keep them separate. That damage does not look to bad though, could have been caused by scraping up against something. Are you seeing them fight?

3. OP
    OP
    MHansen12

Just a lot of chasing, she still goes near him ATM, (I don't even know the sex if this is a male or female, assuming it's female)

4. Bizarro252

Bizarro252 Well Known Member Member

If you can, run down to any craft store and get plastic canvas mesh and stick it in there between them. You can make it more sturdy by adding the things that slide over paper to bind them inside a plastic cover they sell at office supply stores as well.

Found a reference build this is for a beta tank but same idea:

Dividing a tank for bettas..fun and low cost

5. OP
    OP
    MHansen12

Thanks, may just end up putting her in a 10 gallon Rubbermaid bin

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice