Female Green Terror with African Cichlids... need opinions please

KRose42

Reaction score
I would like to put my female green terror (gold saum) into my 75 gallon African cichlid tank. Here is the list of fish in the tank:
1x M yellowtail acei
2x F red zebra (‍they are orange)
1x M peacock (largest in tank currently and boss)
1x F black cichlid
1x Nimbochromis venustus/giraffe hap
1x M electric yellow
1x F electric yellow
1x F Kennyi

A201

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
When I was transitioning my tank from a New World community to an African Cichlid community, my male Green Terror remained in the tank for several months. He got along okay with the juvenile Mbuna tankmates, but did end up with some fin damage due to nipping. I eventually traded the GT. Really not a good idea to mix New World Cichlids & Africans.

OP
K

KRose42

Reaction score
A201 said:
When I was transitioning my tank from a New World community to an African Cichlid community, my male Green Terror remained in the tank for several months. He got along okay with the juvenile Mbuna tankmates, but did end up with some fin damage due to nipping. I eventually traded the GT. Really not a good idea to mix New World Cichlids & Africans.
Everyone in my tank is technically still juvenile. The green terror would actually be the biggest in the tank if I was to put her in. She is with a demasonI cichlid and they were good with each other until the demasonI started to be more aggressive towards her. He was only with her because he was bullying the other africans. I was thinking about bring him to my LFS but really would like to keep my GT. Thanks for your opinion! Much appreciated

New Threads