Female Convict Not Eating

jdeville89

A little back story first, to explain how I got here..

I bought 4 convicts out of impulse and experienced lots of agression, 1 died withing a day or 2, then the second began getting beat up heavily so I placed the dominant male in a floting fry tank to "reset" the dominant fish. But then unexpectedly the next day I had tons of fry. Not knowing enough about the species I kept the male in the fry tank for too long to protect the fry. (Didn't know they were good parents) I then move the 1 male to a separate tank to heal. But had no other tank for the other male so he stayed in the holding tank. I finally moved the female and what fry were left to a 20 gallon. Only 1 fry survived the move, and She did well at first. But then about a week ago she stopped eating and she just slowly swims around on the bottom just barely off the sand substrate. I've done numerous water changes and she still is not eating. Her gills appear slightly flared out as if she's being aggressive but she's not. And I know convict are not holders.

Do I need to add more fish to make her happy? Or maybe add the male that she bred with before? (Pretty sure it was the aggressive make) I just don't know what to do, I don't want her to die, she's a beautiful fish.

Oarngesi

Keep the female and her mate then get rid of the others convicts are aggressive and even worse when mating

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
jdeville89
Replies
Views
Kasshan
Replies
Views
OscarOwner24
Replies
Views