Female Cherry Shrimp

Discussion in 'Cherry Shrimp' started by Sina-key, Apr 11, 2017.

1. S

Sina-key Well Known Member Member

3 weeks ago I bought 17 shrimps as ghost shrimps but when I watched them for some time I realized that they weren't I asked about them here but that was a dead end now after observing them for some time and watched different types of shrimps pictures I identified the smaller one as Neocaridina Heteropoda or wild cherry shrimp but I can't Id the bigger ones they are very similar to female cherry shrimp but they coloration is different here are some pictures of them
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for bad pictures these are the best they are very shy unlike the smaller ones their body is just like a female but their body is dark with white dots on it also their saddle is brown just like my driftwood(i read that it suppose to be green) one of them had black eegs when I got them but I don't know what happened to it
    Are there female cherry shrimp or i have 2 different types of shrimps ?

2. F

Florian Pellet Well Known Member Member

They look like crossbred neocaridina shrimps to me. I have a tank where blue and red neos crossbred and some turned out like those in your pictures.

3. OP
    OP
    S

I know they were very cheap compared to RCS i just want to know that they are female or not
    They can breed and start colony right??

4. F

It's very hard to say from your pictures. If they are what I think they are (meaning neocaridinas), they can breed with any neocaridina.

5. OP
    OP
    S

Their body is just like a neocaridina the coloration is different can they change their color? Their body color is perfect for camouflage in my tank

6. F

Depending on what you feed them, they can be more or less colorful. But one single shrimp won't change color throughout its lifetime. Though you can Google their genetics to understand what kind of offspring you might get.

7. OP
    OP
    S

Thanks for info
    After some search i found that they are something call chocolate shrimp I will search about their color and offsprings

8. DutchMutch

DutchMutch New Member Member

what you have there is a female. but it isn't a rcs.

9. OP
    OP
    S

But they are very similar to this shrimp I search chocolate shrimp and i got this
    [​IMG]
    And I read that they are in the same family of cherry shrimp

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice