Question Female Bettas and Shrimp

MrFishkeeper1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
If I have a 75 gallong medium-heavily planted tank. Would it be possible to put 4-6 bammboo/wood shrimp and 20-40 amano shrimp with a female betta sorority 8-16 bettas. I have started to get some ready in a 20 gallon tank I have 5 in there, I will get 4 ghoat shrimps in quarantine and put them in there some time soon and see how they do if they are fine with the ghost I think they will do fine with the amanos but what about the wood shrimp?

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I've had all my bettas with all kinds of shrimp. All are fine. Cherries tend to be problematic for people, but amanos tend to have a better chance. Sometimes it still won't work for some people. Bamboos, being even bigger, should do fine too. My vampire has always done well with bettas and other fish. If the ghosts do well, I'd say the others would do better. The tank size should go a long way as well. Let the tank mature for the bamboos before you get them if you do though.

Kymopoleia

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
woah thats huge--75 gallon?!?!?!?
I have not kept shrimp with my bettas before, but I hear they do fine....with a tank that big the fish won't even know there are shrimp in there!

MrFishkeeper1 can you send a pic of your tank...I really want to see what 75 gallons looks like lol

MrFishkeeper1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I will send a pic later if I remember, it is pretty big but many people own even bigger. King of DIY owns a 2000 gallon tank I recommend watching him. You also get used to the size after a while but you first few days to few weeks it seems really big. My tank I have now is 4ft long by 1.5ft wide and almost 2 feet tall (20in).

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom