Female Betta With Female Guppies Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by missrob, Jun 29, 2019.

1. missrob

missrobNew MemberMember

Would you put one female betta with 4 female guppies in a 20G long tank ? The other tank mates are 6 otocinclus and a brislenose pleco.

2. Lacey D

Lacey DWell Known MemberMember

My female betta is in with a ton of male and female endler and guppies, some kuhli loaches and some scarlet and chili rasbora, and is perfectly chill. There were even four baby bristlenose in there with her for a while, with no problems on her part. This is all in a 37g tank, so a bit bigger, planted and with some tank breakup points where she gets to hang out as alone as possible when she wants. But I've never even seen her go after any of the baby guppies, and those fry are tiny!
    So, all in all, it depends on the female, but in my experience it can work.

3. Fisker

FiskerValued MemberMember

Should be fine.

I'd make sure that there's plenty of places to hide (plant cover, etc.), and I'd even consider upping the number of female guppies, if you can. It'd spread out the aggression. Totally depends on the particular betta, as well.

4. OP
    OP
    missrob

missrobNew MemberMember

Got it! Added 3 females (they are all females actually :) , transfered the betta and everything looks zen so far! I'm keeping an eye on them but am hopeful it will work!