Female Betta Prissy has a new tank!

Lucy
Prissy moved from her 5 gallon hex (which I hated to clean) into a 10 gallon.

She has all new decorations except for the plant she likes to sleep in.

Her stress line is finally gone, so I think she likes it and has been busy exploring.

I have to keep my eye on the filter intake, it might be too much for her.

She doesn't like strong currents, but I might try bubbles.

Shawnie
great looking setup for prissy....she looks so comfy !

Allie
Nice...does Walmart only sell those types of silk plants worldwide? I was hoping for find some more variety there. Our fav lfs plants are too much.

COBettaCouple
She'll be a lot happier in there. The Bettas love the horizontal room the most so that's a big improvement for her.

Does your filter have an adjustable flow? If not, you could use an extra filter sponge or filter floss to buffer the outflow. In time she'll get stronger and be able to swim into the full current. She'd like bubbles I think.. our females especially are so curious and playful with their bubble wands.

Lucy
Thanks for the comments everyone.
The glass tube, I think it's for a hurricane lamp, confused her at first, but she's not bumping into it anymore!
It was just laying around the house so I thought I'd try it for something different.

Nice...does Walmart only sell those types of silk plants worldwide? I was hoping for find some more variety there. Our fav lfs plants are too much.
Walmart was the only place I could find something colorful and reasonably priced.

She'll be a lot happier in there. The Bettas love the horizontal room the most so that's a big improvement for her.

That was my goal, it's nice to see her get a good long swim.

Does your filter have an adjustable flow? If not, you could use an extra filter sponge or filter floss to buffer the outflow. In time she'll get stronger and be able to swim into the full current. She'd like bubbles I think.. our females especially are so curious and playful with their bubble wands.

Unfortunately, it isn't adjustable, but I've always kept floss stuck in the outflow to ease the current. I'll try to wean her off it so the tank gets the circulation it needs.

I've got a small 1" bubble stone and a 5" bubble stone, would one of these work, or would they be too much?

Martinismommy
Prissy looks lovely in her new home!

shellbell4ever
Very nice setup She looks a little like my Bonnie.

_Fried_Bettas_
Nice, looks happy

Lucy
Thank you! She really is happier in this tank, it's so nice seeing her get a good long swim in.

Funny, it's taking some adjustments to get her used to a longer opening in the top when I feed her. She's used to the little door that was on the hex.

Bede
Nice looking tank for a nice looking girl!

I really like the flowers in the back, did you get those at WM?

Lucy
Thank you.
Yes, it's the only place around here that I could find something colorful at a reasonable price.

chickadee
I had those flowers for Misty when she had her tank. She loved the little cup shaped things and slept in them.

It is a lovely tank and will be very nice for Prissy. She will be able to handle the current in a few weeks and you will never know she is the same little fish who did not like it.

If you do not have a valve to control the air flow to the airstone the easy way is to tie a knot in the airline tubing when you attach it to the stone and leave the knot outside the tank in the back. To make the bubbles less or more loosen or tighten the knot and it will change the airflow. The easier way would be to get one of these.

The little kit for $1.49 has enough for 4 or 5 tanks worth so next time you place an order if you do just have them tuck the Air Control Kit in with it. It is not something you want to order by itself. The shipping would be prohibitive. A regular pet store would maybe have a valve, but I doubt Walmart would carry them.

Rose

luna
I did get a flow control valve at Wal-Mart, but it was in with the airstones I bought...I didn't look to see if they have them separately. I do know they sell check valves, though. In my last DFS order, I got one of those air control kits. Lots of elbows and splitters and whatnot. Very handy, but Rose is right, not worth the shipping cost unless you're ordering a bunch of other stuff.

COBettaCouple
I love gang valves and run them on all the air lines around the room. They're good for giving Bettas just the right amount of air and they're also good for controlling air flow to multiple tanks.

MissMTS
The tank looks great Lucy! What a spoiled girl to have a 10 gallon all to herself

Lucy
Thank you!
She's finally swimming through the glass globe and not getting confused when she's in it.
I had filter media stuck up in the filter outtake to reduce the current, but now that I've taken it out, she really seems to enjoy swimming through it.

She's a happy betta and I enjoy her so much!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
StarGirl
  • Question
Replies
Views
Mcasella
Replies
Views
COBettaCouple
Top Bottom