Female Betta - New girlie!!

Barbrella
I was very upset over the death of the last little girl I got from Walmart,suffering from severe ammonia poisoning, and who knows what else. Nothing I did helped her in the least, although I tried very hard.

Had no intention of getting another so soon, but this little one insisted I take her home! She chowed down on some bloodworms right away, so I'm hoping she'll do well!

COBettaCouple
aww, she's a beauty! Angel insisted that I take her home and she's my baby, although I love all our Bettas. I hope your new little beauty is like that.

Allie
Aww I love her face. Cute!

armadillo
A cambodian. Nice. She looks a lot like one of my little females.

capekate
Awwww what a sweetie pie! ;D

~ kate

Barbrella
Thanks. I think she's very cute too! She's in a Critter Keeper til I"m certain she's okay, then she'll go in her new 2.5 gal.

She wasn't sure about the bloodworms at first, but finally took one and chewed it then turned back to me like "Hey, how about another one?"

0morrokh
She's such a cutie...glad you rescued her.

Barbrella
She's in her new home and seems very happy with all the plants and space and is investigating everything.

lili70
She is beautiful ! Good for you, she is saved !

0morrokh
Wow she's really pretty! Her red gills worry me though...she must have had really high ammonia in her cup. Is she breathing ok?

Barbrella
she must have had really high ammonia in her cup.

She was either from a brand new shipment, or Walmart has changed the way they care for bettas, since there was no ammonia in her cup. I think it's the first option, since the cups still had condensation in them.

Since she's eating, active, curious and is not clamped in the least, I was thinking the red was her colouring.

What could it be?

COBettaCouple
Given her coloring, it's possible for that to be her coloring, but it could be some ammonia poisioning from before she was in the cup. I would be treating her water with both Prime and NovAqua+ and doing 25% daily pwc just to be on the safe side. Those conditioners should protect her from toxins, help her slime coat build and the water changes are the recommended treatment for ammonia poisioning, IF she has any. I don't consider it anything to worry about, but I like to err on the side of caution with any potential problem.

Have you already got her 2.5g tank? If not, please consider a 6.6g bookshelf tank like the ones we have Mickey, Teddy Bear and Angel in. KairI and Sweetie are in 2.5g tanks now and will upgrade as soon as we can.

What type of bloodworms are you using with her?

lili70
Pinky was like that when she was little. She had the colors on gills and and later on on head too.
L

Tazmiche
She is adorable!!!! May I have her please!!??

Barbrella
Thanks! Ammonia poisoning is the only illness I have a lot of experience with, since none of my other bettas has been sick with anything else.(knock on wood!)

I do use Prime, and am keeping an eye on her water params. As for the tank, I just had that empty one since I upgraded my other bettas to 5 gals, and saw this girl and well, you know how that goes!

Pinky was like that when she was little. She had the colors on gills and and later on on head too.
Good to know - thanks.

She is adorable!!!! May I have her please!!??

NO! LOL! But if I had to give her up, I"d certainly not hesitate to give her to you.

Tazmiche
NO! LOL! But if I had to give her up, I"d certainly not hesitate to give her to you.[/quote]

Barbrella that is such a great compliment!!! Thank you!!

Barbrella
It's true. Anyone can see how much love and care about your pets.

voiceless_kat
Great save, she is a little beauty.

COBettaCouple
Yea, I know how that goes.. lol. it's so hard to resist them when they look at you, it's impossible to when a tank is available.

Sounds like you've got things just right for her. ;D

Yes, our little Angel gets hugs from her Aunt Michelle across the pond - a top-flight Betta mommy.

Thanks! Ammonia poisoning is the only illness I have a lot of experience with, since none of my other bettas has been sick with anything else.(knock on wood!)

I do use Prime, and am keeping an eye on her water params. As for the tank, I just had that empty one since I upgraded my other bettas to 5 gals, and saw this girl and well, you know how that goes!

Good to know - thanks.

NO! LOL! But if I had to give her up, I"d certainly not hesitate to give her to you.

armadillo
Hey, what about her auntie Laure-Anne!
Yes, our little Angel gets hugs from her Aunt Michelle across the pond - a top-flight Betta mommy.

Tazmiche
Haha, we're just one happy extended family!!!

COBettaCouple
lol, well she's still up and looking at me (she's ready for bed and for the monitors to go off) so she'll take more s anytime.

Hey, what about her auntie Laure-Anne!

Allie
Blossom is the largest female betta I I have seen in person. She is a multI with slight butterfly pattern, so is her male Romeo. Her body is the size of his I swear. ;D
See the picture of them flirting..she is huge. What a face!

Lucy
Their colors are amazing, Allie! She's got a great shape. I'm partial to the girls.
They make a beautiful couple. Are these the hopeful parents to be?

Allie
Thanks. These are the nicest betta I have ever seen in person. I am so impressed! Hung is a Canadian breeder too.
Yup the first pair I am trying. Since they like each other so much more than the other two seem to.

Red1313
Gorgeous Girl. Babie says she wants to be like her when she grows up

Phinny12
Is Romeo a rosetail?

dinatwin
I love them!! Look how adorable the male is looking for her and she's swims away. Too funny!!

Allie
Is Romeo a rosetail?
Nope he is just a half moon...Kingston is tho.

I love them!! Look how adorable the male is looking for her and she's swims away. Too funny!!
She was playing hard to get...the shot before that she was flaring right back at him. lol

Martinismommy
Very nice pair Allie...They both have pretty coloring...

COBettaCouple
Wow! They're a couple of real beauties!

Allie
Thanks!

Phinny12
Beautiful girls & Boys!

Allie
Thanks JudI

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fisch