Female Betta Needs A Name

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Lynn78too, May 16, 2019.

1. Lynn78too Well Known Member Member

I've had this new betta for about 2 months now and I can't find a name for her. Her dorsal fin is starting to turn a pretty blue. She is very hard to get a picture of, she's kind of spunky. If the light is on she can see her reflection and will attack it and when she sees me I'm assuming she thinks I'm feeding her. I'm usually not.

So I need help finding a name! We had one but it wasn't sticking.

Attached Files:

2. kallililly1973 Well Known Member Member

Candy

3. JamieLu Valued Member Member

Bella the betta cuz shes beautiful!

4. The_fishy Valued Member Member

Starburst
    Cosmic
    Isabella
    Sunbeam
    Flora
    Ora (Latin for coast/beach)
    Clara (Latin for bright)

5. KoiBettas Valued Member Member

Peach?

6. Lynn78too Well Known Member Member

I actually really like that but she is probably going to turn blue. She doesn't like to lift her fin often but when she does you can see 2 different colors of blue, one is almost a turquoise. When I got her 2 months ago she had no blue on her.

7. KoiBettas Valued Member Member

I have a female koi betta that looks similar and is also turning blue. Yours is a koi betta aswell and nearly all koi bettas have the marble gene so will change colours throughout their life

8. KoiBettas Valued Member Member

How about plum?

9. Lynn78too Well Known Member Member

This is actually my first one that has changed. I've had solids and marbled and solid white but none have changed colors. I'm looking forward to her changing. She still won't stay peach/orange though.

10. Lynn78too Well Known Member Member

Any other suggestions?

Some of our bettas' names have been Alpha (my hubby that he was witty), Sunny, Ironman, Ghost, Kirby, and Shadow.

11. KoiBettas Valued Member Member

Bluemoon?
    Midnight?
    Eclipse?

12. The_fishy Valued Member Member

Aruba
    Zelda
    Amy
    Morgan (after Iron Man’s daughter)

13. ap4lmtree Well Known Member Member

You said, "she's kind of spunky," so I would call her "spunky" or "spunk" based on your first post. My original thought was to call her "sporty," which coincidentally is the name of a spice girl. However, "Spunky" or "spunk" or "spunkster" is good too. In addition to this, you could give her two names if you want.