Female betta fish availability

jt21

Is there a reason why no pet stores spell female bettas? If you have any where did you get them from

CichlidJynx

Is there a reason why no pet stores spell female bettas? If you have any where did you get them from
A lot of the big box pet stores in Florida sell male and female as well as the new glo betta

jkkgron2

I get them from Petco, usually they can special order females for me too if they are out

CoryBoi

Every Petco, Petsmart and most LFS sell them.

Rev

A lot of the big box pet stores in Florida sell male and female as well as the new glo betta
Gotta love that companies will sell out your hobby for a buck these days without a care in the world. Next up glo common plecos!

On topic they're everywhere, but you're gonna have to sort through a lot of cups. At chain stores at least they tend to get shoved behind the males. Not sure I've been to a fish store that doesn't have at least a few female bettas.

Debbie1986

Ask the store when they receive shipments they may be selling out before you go there. My local Petco is almost 50/50 stocked because ppl love to get the females due to their nicer temperament making it easier to house in a community.

if your local store doesn't have them, you can try ebay. but me personally, I'd only do US domestic ( shorter trip) . I was really impressed with the shipping treatment when I got my snail on ebay.

AJ34

The chain stores usually sell them however I will say sometimes I have a hard time finding them. I like them my females seem to cause me less stress in regards to fin biting and rot.

Michael1789

Got mine at a chain store. $4.99. Vailtail/dragon scale. Females are the way to go.

Candace

I agree definitely ask the store you like to use. I usually use Petco and/or Petsmart because I don't have any dedicated fish stores near me, I know females are usually in cups as well but I have seen the stores put a female or two in one of their main tanks with other fish.

Edit: You can also try to buy online if you are willing to pay a bit more for healthy quality bettas. I got two male bettas from a breeder in Texas, he also sells females. The bettas I've gotten from him are a lot bigger than any I've seen at a chain store and they were juveniles. There are also a couple of other sites I trust.

Links:
Betta Squad USA - Currently sold out of females but will take requests
Bettas and Art
Coast Gem Usa

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
marinebioangel
Replies
Views
CheshireKat
Replies