Female Amano Died... Help!

Mop1972

Reaction score
I am so heartbroken I lost my one female Amano Shrimp today. I cannot figure out what happened. Yesterday morning she was fine and this morning...boom...pink and lifeless at the bottom of the tank. She did molt yesterday. I did a 10% water change yesterday, PH always around 7.8, temp consistent at 74, parameters all good. I have 6 neon tetras, 1 Betta, 1 Amano, 2 mystery snails and a nerite in a 10 G well established tank. I feed them pellets as well as a variety of balanced veggies. Any ideas as to what could have happened?

Addendum: just found another half eaten tetra.. 2 in 2 days... down to 4.. tank was ok before I got the neons.....

Mop1972

Reaction score
Just wondering If the neons are getting a little aggressive. I know they normally are not but this is all curious

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Mop1972 said:
Just wondering If the neons are getting a little aggressive. I know they normally are not but this is all curious
Neons are known fin-nippers if kept in small numbers or small spaces. So yes, neons can be aggressive.

Is it possible a neon died, and the resulting ammonia spike killed your shrimp?

Mazeus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
How has the Betta been lately? It's not unheard of for Bettas to suddenly become very unhappy sharing a tank (particularly when new additions come in).

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom