Feesh update!

Discussion in 'kinezumi89' started by kinezumi89, Jan 4, 2013.

1. kinezumi89

kinezumi89Fishlore VIPMember

A little update on my two quarantining feesh. 'Cause it's my forum and I can :p

The leopardy angel's personality is definitely coming out! When I was doing a water change the other day he came to investigate and kept nipping on the tube. He's been eating well, and today when I tried 0.5mm NLS pellets he came up to the surface for the first time, and gobbled them up! I'm glad he likes them, since that's what he'll be eating in the main tank. He still looks great too :) He still needs a name though. I'll think of something :p

Igor is also eating very well, like a little piggy :p He's eaten absolutely everything I put in there (the angel didn't touch the flakes). Unfortunately he has ich :( What did I say, because all I have is a darn Tetra preset heater in there, he was going to get ich because I can't treat it. Looks like I'll be going and getting a heater tomorrow :p I have an Amazon gift card, but I don't want to have to wait for it to get here. I kinda noticed it yesterday or the day before, but wasn't certain, and then it became more noticeable. So I don't want him to sit there for a week or two before I'm able to start treating it. So I'll get a 50W tomorrow, put it in the 10 gallon angel QT tank, and move the 25W that's in there to Igor's tank, and put the Tetra preset in a box in the closet where it belongs :p

I'm glad I decided not to get another angel; every day that passes that the leopardy angel is healthy and happy any active and eating well makes me more sure I made the right decision :) My office will just have to look like a fish store for a little while longer :p The 10 gallon betta tank is next to my desk, and my desk is currently covered in the two quarantine tanks. ;D

2. AquariaUK

AquariaUKValued MemberMember

Cool! If a heater is too hard to get you can get whitespot treatment which is what I used, although it's a pain in the bum to add to the tank...

3. OP
    OP
    kinezumi89

Nah, I just don't want to spend more money :p I looked around online and the cheapest one I could buy at a store is the Top Fin one at Petsmart. The 25W in the angel QT tank is a Top Fin and it's been doing just fine (it was even returned and repackaged! :eek: Wish I noticed that before I bought it), so I'll probably go with that. It's just $18 I'd rather not spend :p

4. Meeps83

Meeps83Well Known MemberMember

Um, you know the rules. We require pictures!

5. OP
    OP
    kinezumi89

Woops! :p I'm out now (new heater on the way) but I'll take a few after I do water changes this evening :)

6. Meeps83

Now that sounds like a fun friday night!

7. OP
    OP
    kinezumi89

It's winter break, all the days run together :p

8. OP
    OP
    kinezumi89

UGH so far this water changer is being a huge pain!! Really I think it's probably my finicky faucet. I got the water the temperature I wanted (going through the hose; learned this the hard way...the hoses are kept in the back so they're cold, so the water coming out of the faucet was 80 but by the time it was at the tank it was much colder since the tubes were cold), then went over to the tank...doop de doo, water filling up, hmm I should check the temperature...AND IT'S AT 70F!!! I hope my poor angelfeesh is okay! I asked (okay, demanded ;)) my boyfriend crank it up, hoping that the warm water would get to the end of the hose by the time the tank filled...it did just barely, but not enough to make a difference; the tank is at 70F :( It was at 77 or 78 or so. He's still swimming around and looking happy. I have the new 50W heater in there along with the 25W, since I think it would take forever for the 25W to get it back up to temp. Once it's back up to 78-80F, I'll move the 25W to Igor's tank, put the 50W in its proper place, and ditch Igor's Tetra preset heater. Then I'll get pictures :p

I reallyyy hope the angelfeesh doesn't get ich too :( Today I was cleaning out my desk (the QT tank are both on top of my desk) and the angel was so cute, swimming up to the front and watching me work :)

9. Meeps83

You've had some pretty rotten luck over your winter break.

10. OP
    OP
    kinezumi89

I know :( He's still swimming around, pecking at pellets on the bottom and looking fine. I'll keep an eye out for ich, maybe slowly raise the temp anyway.

Pics!

Random question: are those deely-boppers that gouramis have feelers or something? I thought they were just dangly things, but I saw Igor deliberately feeling up the new heater with them... (see picture)

Not as many of angelfeesh, but for some reason my reflection shows up really well when taking pictures of that tank :p I'll have to try again with the lights in the room off.

Edit: Also, I accidentally got a little water in the IR temp gun and it's reading a few degrees off. It was only actually down to 72 or so, and since it was only around 76/77 in the first place, that's not toooo bad.

Attached Files: