Feeling Like My Fish Diets Are Lacking In Veggies, Any Sugestions? (dry Food)

Mangonobox
I offer my omnivores the odd cooked spinach leaf, peas and cucumber, but I haven't been able to find a good dry veggie pellet. most that I've seen are very wheat based and no ideal.

I've considered getting fish food co. s marine green or turtle veg, but not sure how much may go to waist. I'm feeding rosy barbs, Buenos Aires tetras (tank 1), an angelfish,yoyo loaches, bnp, sae (tank 2), glo light rasposra, cories, otocinclus (tank 3) and soon banded rainbow fish.

penguin02
Mangonobox
Discus-Tang
Make your own gel food that is a complete feed!

goldface
nah, still too wheat heavy
It might look bad to us, but keep in mind a lot of research has been done to make dry foods suited for aquarium fish, which have different needs than their wild counterparts. Hikari, for instance, does years of testing before releasing a new product. So with that said, I do feed my fish veggies and greens on occasion. As for algae wafers, I personally use NLS AlgaeMax, which I think you’ll be satisfied with the ingredients.

Galathiel
I feed spinach and also have the NLS algaemax pellets. You can also feed gel foods like Repashy Soilent Green.

Mangonobox
Make your own gel food that is a complete feed!
as in a pre-made powder or from scratch? all I know is solid gold likes using gel food, but i'm not familiar with other recipes.

BottomDweller
as in a pre-made powder or from scratch? all I know is solid gold likes using gel food, but i'm not familiar with other recipes.
I use respashy soilent green gel food for my goldfish and I love it. It's easy to make and great for the fish.

Discus-Tang
From scratch, using veggies & gelatin.

Mangonobox
It might look bad to us, but keep in mind a lot of research has been done to make dry foods suited for aquarium fish, which have different needs than their wild counterparts. Hikari, for instance, does years of testing before releasing a new product. So with that said, I do feed my fish veggies and greens on occasion. As for algae wafers, I personally use NLS AlgaeMax, which I think you’ll be satisfied with the ingredients.

hikaris expertise is more in carnivore diets than herbivore imo from the bit I've looked into it, though could be easily mistaken . NLS sounds good though

I use respashy soilent green gel food for my goldfish and I love it. It's easy to make and great for the fish.

sounds like a good fit, but only super green's available in aus , I'll still try it out next time's it's in stock .

Mangonobox
From scratch, using veggies & gelatin.

all that worries me about home made is how messy they'd be if I bugger it or if its from a bad recipe , so any good recipe link would be appreciated.

75g Discus Tank
You could try spirulina flakes.

I don’t know any larger brands of fish food that make it.
Try Ed’s Almost Natural Fish Food.
I think you would like the ingredients.

Mangonobox
You could try spirulina flakes.

I don’t know any larger brands of fish food that make it.
Try Ed’s Almost Natural Fish Food.
I think you would like the ingredients.

can't say that'll pass aus. quarantine, that the main reason I've trouble finding green foodstuffs.

Discus-Tang
Spirulina is obtainable in Australia; my algae wafers have spirulina in them.

Mangonobox
Spirulina is obtainable in Australia; my algae wafers have spirulina in them.
nah, i'm talking about that specific brand, a shame though because it looks good.

Top Bottom