Feeling down :( lets see some planted aquariums!

Mike1995

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Feeling down today :( I work at a foundry, we produce specialty alloys for Boeing, GE Aviation and Airbus mainly. but with covid-19, I've been on furlough since the beginning of may. My employer doesn't predict to recover any time soon and I may be getting permanently furloughed or laid off. So onto a new chapter. look for something new.

In the meantime, more related to fishkeeping, if anyone has any planted tanks, please post some pictures! I'd love to get some new inspiration and ideas :)

Here's my 90g!
20200701_103524.jpg

OP
Mike1995

Mike1995

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
KBil said:
My aquarium. Its sort of like a fusion style right now. I'm about to do a nature aquascape with that soon!
Lots of growth going on! Looks great

OP
Mike1995

Mike1995

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
FreshwaterHG said:
Definitely nothing special but I’m hoping it will look cool once the plants grow in! It’s a divided betta tank :)
7DFA344B-EF90-478C-9C0E-B2B885C0BC4D.jpeg
Maryellen said:
Simple 5 gal betta tank
Both look really cool!

Pariah

Reaction score
Amish country Ohio. Home state: Alaska (interior)
Experience
5 to 10 years
I, too, got laid off because of COVID-19. I'm trying to look at my personal situation as a blessing in disguise. I hardly ever saw my family while working at the factory. Now I've had lots of time to spend with them fishing, kayaking, gardening, cooking, etc. I never got to do that much before. Hopefully your situation can be viewed in a similar fashion.

I added some new plants into my convict tank. Ungrateful little jerks are savage. They probably bit me 20 times as I worked. Going to be fun working in there once they're palm sized.

Edit: Oops, I just realized that I left in two fake plants. Don't hit me...
20200702_195110.jpg
20200702_194748.jpg

Cowardlyslimeball

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Wow, all these tanks are beautiful! I'm kinda down right now too, I had to put my cat down yesterday. :( Nothing like a cheerful fish tank to cheer you up though, ;)

JettsPapa

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
JettsPapa said:
I'll try to remember to post a picture or two this afternoon.
As promised. My 10 gallon red cherry shrimp and snail tank. There's a serious green water thing going on right now, but I don't think the shrimp care.

0702202141.jpg

My 40 gallon breeder tank with a trio of pearl gouramis, a female betta, corydorus trilineatus, and serpae tetras.
0702202132_HDR.jpg

. . . and my 65 gallon, with a single koi angelfish, a pair of super red plecos, and good-sized schools of turquoise rainbowfish, black neon tetras, and lemon tetras.

0702202131.jpg

New Threads