Feeling Crafty?

Mary765
Saw these things online and thought they were super adorable! Any budding crafters out there up for a challenge then this may be the craft for you

Feel free not to be as technical as the people here, But use your imagination and what you have around you to be inspired by these designs!

I have ordered these three videos for you in terms of product size (smallest to largest) and product difficulty (easiest to hardest)

Anyway, Just thought these were worth sharing and I plan to have a go at it! Have fun

adh/smile
That's very cool! I love the third video!

AntsRule
Cool vids, It would be cool to put like one brine shrimp or some other really small shrimp in the last tank.

2211Nighthawk
Bruxes and Bubbles ! That’s your que!

-Sofia-
Oh geez! They look SO awesome but I don't think I have the patience!
I might try the first one though!

Bruxes and Bubbles
Mary765
Cool vids, It would be cool to put like one brine shrimp or some other really small shrimp in the last tank.

You... do realise that it's resin right? So the shrimp would suffocate instantly..

Mary765
Oh geez! They look SO awesome but I don't think I have the patience!
I might try the first one though!

I'm planning on starting out with the first one then if all goes swimmingly I will work my way to more advanced versions

Mary765
Guys, if any of you actually make one, could you post a picture of it here? I would love to see it

corywand
If I ever become sufficiently advanced and/or ambitious to make one of these, I’ll be sure to let you know.

Mary765
Just found out I don't have any resin going on a resin hunt this afternoon!

AntsRule
You... do realise that it's resin right? So the shrimp would suffocate instantly..
Yeah ik lol, I meant with water

Mary765
UPDATE: Found some cheap clear window silicone as a good alternative which I am picking up tomorrow! You can get a lot in a piping-bottle thing for less than £5 and it will give the water an awesome rubber/jelly texture can't wait to make attempt no.1

Mary765
UPDATE: meet Tyson! He still needs painting but I am pleased and surprised with how tiny he is

Attachments

• 20180226_183141.jpg
    20180226_183141.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 81
corywand
He is the tiniest. Are you making any more?

Mary765
He is the tiniest. Are you making any more?

Thank you! Yes once I have painted him and made a tiny aquarium for Tyson I will make more tiny fish and tiny aquariums this is just the practice run!

BaraYoukai
Super cute!!!! I think it would be interesting to try making these out of silicon.

Mary765
Super cute!!!! I think it would be interesting to try making these out of silicon.

It would be a fun project! I've had to temporarily pause my project as I am busy studying for my gcses (English final exams) but I have made a bunch of plants for Tyson and found a tiny "Aquarium" I can keep him in it's not too hard provided you have the patience and materials!

Attachments

• 20180418_170748.jpg
    20180418_170748.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 84
Zoomo
It would be a fun project! I've had to temporarily pause my project as I am busy studying for my gcses (English final exams) but I have made a bunch of plants for Tyson and found a tiny "Aquarium" I can keep him in it's not too hard provided you have the patience and materials!

They are too cute. I have all thumbs though and that would be too hard for me.

Mary765
They are too cute. I have all thumbs though and that would be too hard for me.

That's what tools are for! I had these cheap plastic ones lying around which I used to add the scale texture on the fish and lines on the leaves but you could find some online to help I'm sure! Besides, who said yours had to be tiny? That's just how I do things but you can by all means make an aquarium to scale if you need to

Attachments

• 20180418_172653.jpg
    20180418_172653.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 81
Zoomo
That's what tools are for! I had these cheap plastic ones lying around which I used to add the scale texture on the fish and lines on the leaves but you could find some online to help I'm sure! Besides, who said yours had to be tiny? That's just how I do things but you can by all means make an aquarium to scale if you need to

Yeah, you are right. I endlessly crochet and do cross stitch so may just try them one day. Saw posts somewhere on crocheted bettas so may attempt them too.

Mary765
Yeah, you are right. I endlessly crochet and do cross stitch so may just try them one day. Saw posts somewhere on crocheted bettas so may attempt them too.

You could set our a whole day for fish-crafts!! Can we make that a thing on Fishlore? Day of the crafts?

Mary765
Hmmm international craft day is the 14th of October!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
DirtyWater
Replies
Views
SM1199
Replies
Views
Vishaquatics
2 3
Replies