feel like i have been robbed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. safzola Well Known Member Member

:confused: hello everyone im a little upset about shops i sell my angels too ,as everyone else i do this as a hobby i love all my angels to the point i find it hard to part with them ......... we now have 6 tanks up and running and in perfect condition one of the shops im selling my angelfish to is not concerned that i want to check her water and told her her tanks for my angelfish is a lot colder than mine , i advised that she turned it up slightly as they are only 10 weeks today and have been used to a temp of about 80 .............. they are in perfect condition and luck really smart.......im letting them go for next to nothing and carnt understand why people think like shall i say ................. well they are only fish so what if they die they die end off. im in two minds weather to keep them longer until bigger and get a decent home for them i have the space to get them a gud size want do you think ???????????????????????????????????? :confused::;hurryb:;thx

2. Crissandra331 Member Member

Hello :)

Welcome to Fishlore! :)

Sorry to hear that!!! Angelfish are a personal favorite and I don't think I could ever refer to them as just fish!!!! All of my angels have Names, likes, dislikes, their own special personality.

If you have the space I'd definitely hold on to those little guys! I had to re-home a few Angels and ever since then, I'm super vigilant about my stock cause I get so attached and its hard taking them to Pet Stores or really anywhere, cause they don't have the same investment, not money wise, but my feelings are very invested in my Angels, And a lot of workers really have no regard.

I've even seen them put Angels in unheated tanks!! Cramped spaces, One Angel I bought from LFS gill was completely rotted out & pelvic fin kinked from close quarters, So sad..But shes in a much happier place now, my house!

As long as you can happily house them why not give them a stable home till they find their forever :)

Good Luck :)

3. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

If you're not happy with the Lfs you were taking them to then hang on to them & try & sell them privately.
    I know Lfs are used to losses as they deal with hundreds of fish every week but I'm like you, I put a lot of care & effort into raising my babies & want them to go to the best homes I can find for them even if I sell them very cheap to do that.

4. Jim Well Known Member Member

The only problem with selling them to "the greatest fish store in the world" is that you do not know who they will pass them on to.

5. safzola Well Known Member Member

Well well well,you super people, thats what I wanted to hear,wow,you all said the right thing to make my mind up thank you so much...right ok so next,,,how do I tell the lfs that I`m not selling her them ????? I would sleep better at night knowing I have done the right thing,,,Crissandra331 that was horrible what that poor angel had to go through,well done you for saving it,,,Coradee,you made a good point and Jim you are so true...oh dear this is so hard ,,But i`m going to do the right thing...

6. Crissandra331 Member Member

I've never sold to LFS but i'd be honest:

You didn't feel their environment was ideal or humane,that you sell your Angels as companion pets, not as decor and that you will be open to business with them in the future when they make specific improvements for housing them properly.

Pet stores sell other animals and they provide a humane environment for them. Theyre housed in a area with food, at a comfortable temp, and clean area. Fish shouldn't be any different.