Feeding ?

dfrap

Reaction score
My tank FINALLY cycled YAY, so I picked up 3 cory cats. I'm not sure what kind they are, due to the ignorant sales person and 3 different labels on the tank at the petstore. They are black and silver speckled and about 1 1/2" long. I'll post a pic soon and maybe someone can help me out on that

I do have a question about feeding them though. First, are they daytime or night time feeders? I sometimes see them out, but they are a bit skiddish right now, so they hide when I go near the tank. I'm just not sure when the best time of day is to put in their pellets. Also, how much? I have a variety of foods for them, 2 kinds are wafers, the other is shrimp pellets. I just want to be sure they are getting what they need. Also, my guppies are little pigs , so they go for the wafers too. I've been putting in 3 wafers or pellets once a day.

THANKS

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
They sound like peppered corys. They'll eat night or day. I only put in 1/2 a wafer each day for 4 of them and they seemed to keep rounded bellies. You might have to 'hide' the food after the lights are out (in little pieces put in different hiding spots).

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think like FLBettaCouple said they are peppered corys. Heres a pic
After they get over being shy they will eat anytime food hits the bottom of the tank and be looking for food the rest of the time Until they settle in a little you could drop a piece of wafer or a couple of shrimp pellets in after lights out.
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom