Feeding?

cutetravis

Reaction score
hey there,
looking for a bit of advice on feeding 2 times a day
i have pellet food and flake food, if i am feeding twice a day, is it a good idea to feed flakes and pellets alternatively, egellets in the morning and flakes in the arvo? of pellets one day and flakes the next, i am also feeding algae wafers, bloodworms and shrimp pellets occassionally as treats, is this the correct usage of these extra foods?

thanks
mel ;D

smillermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
I feed my convict cichlids twice a day as they are voracious eaters. I alternate between pelles and flakes. Now, for my little fish, I only feed them once a day. I feel the twice a day is not necessary and leads to water problems. Once a week I feed all of the fish I have bribe shrimp. I like the Omega 1 flakes.

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Variety is the key. It sounds like what you are doing is fine. I only feed my fish once a day. Make sure you don't overfeed. You will have to clean your tank more often.

LarryDavid

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Whats the best way to feed your fish?
So that all the fish in your tank gets fed enough?

Sorry for hijacking this topic This question sorta fits ;D

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Just feed what they will eat in 2 or 3 minutes. If you have bottom dwelling fish like plecos or cory cats that don't seem to get any of the food, you can try dropping shrimp pellets after the lights go out or on the other side of the tank.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom