Feeding

Discussion in 'Cardinal Tetra' started by AlanGreene, Dec 14, 2012.

1. A

AlanGreene Well Known Member Member

Hi guys,

Just wondering what you guys feed your Cards?

I find a lot of food is too big for them even when I crush it up, they love the frozen brine shrimp I put ni the tank but I want more of a variety for them! my LFS doesn't seem to have a special small tetra food, any advice is welcome

2. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

For me, its not so much a question of which food, just which size NLS Thera+a to feed the fish. ;)
    I use .5mm and a once a week treat of mixture of brine shrimp, mysis,daphnia and bloodwroms.

3. Y

Yeoy Well Known Member Member

Some members run their food through a coffee grinder (or similar) for fry and small-mouthed fish.

4. OP
    OP
    A

I crum the sinking pellets up very small but then they don't sink! and the guppies are like, get outta here lil tetras, this is our food! they get lots of the shrimp though as I push the cube under the filter spray bar and it explodes in little pieces all over the tank! I can't seem to find that NLS food over here anywhere! I even emailed the manufacturer to find some outlets selling it but got no reply email :(

5. Matt B

Here you go Alan:  

6. OP
    OP
    A

Just tried! They don't ship to Ireland :( I really want this food for my fish I can't find it anywhere!!!

7. OP
    OP
    A

My fishkeeping might make me move to America!

8. guppygrl

guppygrl Valued Member Member

If it's available in Canada... I'd ship it to you!

9. Matt B

What?!? Are there any online fish retailer that do? I just googled a bunch and I can't find anything. :(

Come on over, we have plenty of room!

10. insole92

insole92 Valued Member Member

11. insole92

12. OP
    OP
    A

Thanks guys! I am going to try ebay!

I googles it too and couldn't find squat, I also went around a load of pet shops and a good few didn't know about it at all!!

What NLS food would you suggest for discus and corries? The medium 2mm pellets?

13. Matt B

I don't keep discus but since your is juvenile probably start with the .5mm and as the fish grows you can buy bigger pellets. .5mm is fine for the cories.

As long as its within reason it doesn't hurt the fish to have to eat a bunch of tiny pellets, its actually less messy that way since the fish doesn't chew them up.

14. OP
    OP
    A

yeay!!

Just waiting for the seller to reply with shipping to Ireland, but it says he ships to Europe so happy days I can get it!

Attached Files:

15. OP
    OP
    A

Thanks for the help everyone, thanks for the kind offer guppygirl, thanks for the searching Matt and thanks for the ebay idea insole!

16. guppygrl

guppygrl Valued Member Member

No problem. Just msg me if you need anything that you can't get there. I get good rates on shipping where I work. :)

17. insole92

No problem glad I could help

18. OP
    OP
    A

I found a place in Ireland that does it!! Insole just a heads up I found it is actually cheaper to get the NLS foods from the US rather than the UK for me, maybe the shipping is much better price for you because you live in the UK but you should check it out, a shop called feed-my-fish on the US site had good shipping and food prices

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice