Feeding While On Vacation

Photobelle

We are going out of town this weekend and having our floors refinished. We are leaving FrI am and coming home sun pm. I plan to move the tank to the kitchen. The light won't be going on or off but there are doors and windows in there so they will get sunlight. I plan to feed them before we leave FrI and when we return sun and they will have big watee changes at the same time as that's the only way we can move the tank. Will they be ok? I have glofish danios, cories, platies and guppies.

DuaneV

I leave my fish for 10-14 days a few times a year with NO issues EVER. Been doing this for 30+ years. You're talking about missing a single day. Nothing to worry about there, I skip days feeding my fish every week on purpose as they don't need to be fed daily.

FLDawna

They will be perfectly fine. Really no need to move them unless you have to for the floor people.

ystrout

They'll be absolutely fine without food for 2 days. They'd probably even be okay for a week and a half although if I'm gone for more than 4 days I have family come over and feed my fish every other day.

You should consider putting your light on a timer.

Photobelle

Thanks everyone! We have to move the tank for the floor ppl. I do have a time somewhere I'll see if I can find it but the tank will be by French doors so they will get sunlight all day so I'm not worried about that.

Lh 90 gallon

Photobelle said:
Thanks everyone! We have to move the tank for the floor ppl. I do have a time somewhere I'll see if I can find it but the tank will be by French doors so they will get sunlight all day so I'm not worried about that.
just know that if they will be getting sunlight all day you may get a lot of algae.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom