Feeding well = schooling?

Tetryon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My harlequin rasbora were nipping at each other and having territory aggression issues. I fed them all some brine shrimp until they were stuffed and they all gathered further and started schooling in one spot for so long,i could take pictures.

Is this common? Were they fighting from lack of food?i feed them 1 or 2 times a day.

nandemonai

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
If anything you're over-feeding, I doubt it's anything to do with starvation (fish can survive quite a long time without food as they're cold blooded and have slow metabolisms).

I've not kept rasbora myself but perhaps they're just sussing out the pecking order?

Is your Aquarium info up to date? I'm wondering if they're being nippy for lack of a decent sized school which can be common with some tetra and barbs.

Girlsbeforefish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Since your profile says you only have two, then i think its the numbers problem. They really should be in groups of 6+ so adding some more would help. Same with your danios. They also need to be in groups of 6+

Sharkdude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes please update your info if needed. Most schooling fish will form tight schools when stressed or threatened. They school loosely when comfortable. My Kerri tetras encompass the top half of my tank spread out because they are so comfortable. But as soon as I stick my hand in there to pull out leaves they bunch up.

chrisw1639

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
yes I would add more I have 7 of them in my 40 gal., they all get along fine, swimming all over tank and from time to time they will school

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom