Feeding Wafers

AnnaP
I bought Tetra wafers, thinking that my 2 peppered Cory weren’t getting enough food. The Molly and Platy are so fast and greedy
I threw in one wafer and they all started fighting over it. I got nervous that they were gonna hurt each other and threw in two more. I think 3 wafers is too much for them to eat. Should I have taken it out before they had a chance to eat it all?
How do you use algae wafers?
Thank you,
Anna

Tesla
Algae wafers last a long time in tank, I have about 30 fishes and one wafer in tank has enough to feed them all Once the faster and greedy fishes are done then the cories swoop in. Try with one and see what happens in your tank.

75g Discus Tank
Cories will not eat them.

Cories are carnivores and should eat things like shrimp pellets.

Also, you should get at least 4 more peppered cories.

AnnaP
Algae wafers last a long time in tank, I have about 30 fishes and one wafer in tank has enough to feed them all Once the faster and greedy fishes are done then the cories swoop in. Try with one and see what happens in your tank.
Thank you

I also bought HikarI brine shrimp. But it doesn’t sink well, will look for pellets. Thank you

Sarah73

Yup agree. And actually they will eat them if they are hungry as heck. I have A LOT of cories and I feed shrimp pellets and Cory pellets specifically made for them. Also getting another 2 or more would be a great idea.

Thunder_o_b
All my corys love them. Esp the peppereds. It is more like junk food to them. I feed the aquariums the way I normally do then I add the wafers for the ABN, ottos and mystery snails. The corys just fin up to the table and dig in.

Smalltownfishfriend
I break my wafers into little pieces.. then they can share!!lol

Fashooga
If you having or worried that the cories will not get food you can do two things...If you have a HOB put the food where the water fall into the tank, that will force a lot of the food to the bottom. So you spread the food to distract the fish and throw some flakes to the water fall to force it down to the floor.

The other thing you can do is throw the sinking pellets into the water when the lights are off and the fish are sleeping.

AnnaP
Thanks everyone, good ideas to try, and I guess I’ll have to buy them pellets. They must have been very hungry, as they gobbled the wafers up no problem
Unfortunately can’t buy any additional cories, my aquarium is maxed out. Mistake made early on
Two of them seem very happy though....

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Lmg01
Replies
Views
RockyMtnFishKeeper
Replies
Views
Silverleaf209