Feeding Tomatoes to these fish?

choochiegirl
hmmm I wonder that myself.. be interested to see the answers, they seem kinda mushy to me tho

Isabella
Never tried that, lol but that's an intersting idea. I'd like to know that too. Anybody?

Chief_waterchanger
It is terribly acidic, I would recommend against it.

Tom
Just to understand, is the 'meat' the seeds and juice?
Tom

COBettaCouple
I think this has come up before.. i'd not feed them tomatoes.. like chief said, too acidic! :-X

fishgirl
the "meat" is not the skin or seeds.

Tom
So then what is it?
Tom

COBettaCouple
the meat is the fleshy part of the tomato, the firm part that is like the framework of the fruit.

Tom
Ah, makes sense now that you explain it Dave. :-* lol
Tom

PPK9110
maybe your fish will like it, but it might be harmful to your water, you can try it and tell us the outcome, i've read it in a book, the fish in the wild eats cucumbers and peas and many other fruits, so I don't think tomatoes can hurt them.

Beeboy
I'd be carefull. The Acidity of the Tomatoe might affect your pH and the Firmness does not bode well for holding itself together in your tank.

Beeboy

neverendingninja
I agree, tomatoes are very acidic. I'd stay away, and just go with what is tried and true. Boil your cucumber/zuch long enough, and it will be soft enough for your fishes.

Chief_waterchanger
Actually, we put zucchinI in the tanks with some of ours unboiled. The water begins softening it immediately, and anything that needs it softened will wait.. just the way our experience leads us, do what works for you.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
75g Discus Tank
Replies
Views
Drummindot
  • Question
Replies
Views
FishBoy101
  • Question