Feeding time...

emeraldking

Overhere a short video of my yellow top sword endlers that are feeding themselves on an adhesive spirulina tablet. It looks like rush hour...

jake37

I'm curious which brand you use - i tried some once at the recommendation of the store (they gave me a few samples) and my fishes refused to eat them.

emeraldking said:
Overhere a short video of my yellow top sword endlers that are feeding themselves on an adhesive spirulina tablet. It looks like rush hour...

emeraldking

jake37 said:
I'm curious which brand you use - i tried some once at the recommendation of the store (they gave me a few samples) and my fishes refused to eat them.
Not a specific brand.
Whatever fish food it may concern, I only buy bulk packaging at wholesale prices. I order them at a german wholesaler. They order it at a fish food factory that also produce fish food for known brands. But I order with just a label with the ingredients on it without a brand name. This way, it's much cheaper and I've got way more than fish food that are canned. And it's great quality fish food. My fish are doing great by using this fish food.

If you're using such tablets (adhesive or sinking) and fish refuses to eat, it might be an ingredient in there that they dislike. But there are several kinds of fish food tablets when it comes to the ingredients.

I've even given my fish grinded koi food that I had left. And they did very well on that food.

jake37

deleted. Silly request for someone on a different continent.

emeraldking said:
Not a specific brand.
Whatever fish food it may concern, I only buy bulk packaging at wholesale prices. I order them at a german wholesaler. They order it at a fish food factory that also produce fish food for known brands. But I order with just a label with the ingredients on it without a brand name. This way, it's much cheaper and I've got way more than fish food that are canned. And it's great quality fish food. My fish are doing great by using this fish food.

If you're using such tablets (adhesive or sinking) and fish refuses to eat, it might be an ingredient in there that they dislike. But there are several kinds of fish food tablets when it comes to the ingredients.

I've even given my fish grinded koi food that I had left. And they did very well on that food.

emeraldking

jake37 said:
deleted. Silly request for someone on a different continent.
I wouldn't call it silly by all means...
What has been deleted, btw?

jake37

Where you purchased them (i.e, link) but since that knowledge would not be helpful - at least to myself I shouldn't have bothered to ask - and for all i know they don't sell over the web but if they did i would almost certainly not order food overseas even if it is imported domestically since well it would be silly to pay $1000 for shipping for $1 of food.

emeraldking said:
I wouldn't call it silly by all means...
What has been deleted, btw?

emeraldking

jake37 said:
Where you purchased them (i.e, link) but since that knowledge would not be helpful - at least to myself I shouldn't have bothered to ask - and for all i know they don't sell over the web but if they did i would almost certainly not order food overseas even if it is imported domestically since well it would be silly to pay $1000 for shipping for $1 of food.
Yes, that would be absurd to do. But the same goes for shipping fish. The extra costs are way more than the price of those fish when crossing the ocean.

jake37

Heck the price is way more even when shipping domestically but we do it because some fishes just aren't available locally.

emeraldking said:
Yes, that would be absurd to do. But the same goes for shipping fish. The extra costs are way more than the price of those fish when crossing he ocean.

emeraldking

jake37 said:
Heck the price is way more even when shipping domestically but we do it because some fishes just aren't available locally.
Well, I assume that you're in the US? The US is a large country and yes, I do0 belive so that those ain't too friendly prices to get them shipped domestically. I live in a small country. So, the costs are doable.

jake37

But you can drive to a bunch of countries in a day or so - hum... no just say no...

Oh well yea i'm in the US but i've been to netherlands and even spent a year in Austria but yea i'm in the US - though i've thought about leaving but then where would i go.

emeraldking said:
Well, I assume that you're in the US? The US is a large country and yes, I do0 belive so that those ain't too friendly prices to get them shipped domestically. I live in a small country. So, the costs are doable.

Latest threads

Top Bottom