Feeding Slow Red Flame Dwarf Gourami

fishrlene

Hello! I have recently added my “centrepiece fish” to my tank, a Red Flame Dwarf Gourami. I am finding that he’s pretty slow in getting food compared to the other tank inhabitants (Harlequin Rasboras & Rummy Nose Tetras).

Just wondering if you have any suggestions with feeding them to ensure that they get food. He’s also starting to eat some of my plants, so I know he’s pretty hungry. ☹️

TIA!

Michael.j.gomez

Hello! I have recently added my “centrepiece fish” to my tank, a Red Flame Dwarf Gourami. I am finding that he’s pretty slow in getting food compared to the other tank inhabitants (Harlequin Rasboras & Rummy Nose Tetras).

Just wondering if you have any suggestions with feeding them to ensure that they get food. He’s also starting to eat some of my plants, so I know he’s pretty hungry. ️

TIA!
Hello, have you tried hand feeding. My blood red parrot had trouble getting enough to eat. So when I fed tank I would hold a pinch of food in front of her & she caught on in no time.
I even hand feed golden dojo loach to keep her occupied. That way goldies can get thiers. Hope this helps!!!!!
20190306_075806.jpg
20190305_173132.jpg

fishrlene

Hello, have you tried hand feeding. My blood red parrot had trouble getting enough to eat. So when I fed tank I would hold a pinch of food in front of her & she caught on in no time.
I even hand feed golden dojo loach to keep her occupied. That way goldies can get thiers. Hope this helps!!!!!
20190306_075806.jpg
20190305_173132.jpg

I will try, thank you! He’s often near the bottom tho, so I have to coax him up to the surface first.

Noroomforshoe

You could try a food pipit or a turkey baster, or an eye dropper.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
fishrlene
  • Question
Replies
Views
FlamegouramiJ
Replies
Views
fallfever
  • Question