feeding silversides to oscars, and carbon in cartridges?

smokeypea

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone tell me if its ok to feed silversides to my oscar, they are frozen, i would thaw them first before feeding, they sell them at the lfs.. thanks, oh and i have 2 marineland penguin biowheel filters running in the tnak, i am worried about the carbon in the cartridges as i have 3 of them in the filters, if i open up the cartridge and take the carbon out do i have to put anything else in its place? i have bio wheels running for the good bacteria, i heard that you can buy rolls of blue filter and cut it to size to put inside but what else would i need?? sorry for all the questions.

orangeson

Reaction score
you dont need carbon in your filters you can cut the out and place them in carbon is used to remove odors and medicine from the tank so remove the carbon what size tank do you have ? and how big is your oscar im just asking this because i want to get an oscar but im not sure i heard they cause a lot of waste is both of your filters keeping the tank clean

smokeypea

Reaction score
Hi, i have a 55 gall tanks with one oscar , he is about 7 inches long, i have 2 penguin filters a 350 and 200, also an airstone and an air wand, i do water changes 3 times per week, just about 40% and vacumn the gravel each tims, i have biowheels and they are great. Ozzie is veryyyyyy messy and thats why i like to do water changes that often. My water readings are always good though so i musdt be doing something right, only thing is i am battleing with him to eat his pellets, he doesnt take to them at all, eats nightcrawlers, silversides occasionally, bloodworms, plankton, crickets, beefheart, and any other creepy crawler i can find except spiders of course, dont know if they are poisnious . Oh and he loves shrimp too and ghost shrimp. i am sure you will love your Oscar if you get one, they are so cool and beg like little puppies, like they are starving lol. Have to show whose boss but at the moment he is lol.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom