Feeding Routine

1. codyrex97

codyrex97 Well Known Member Member

So I know this sort of thing is asked all the time. I've read a lot and everyone seems to do it differently. I'm just curious if my routine seems good.

So before I was feeding my Betta freeze dried bloodworms. Only bloodworms, I know not good! But recently I picked up New Life Spectrum 1mm and he loves them a lot! I think that could be the garlic in the ingredients. Took a few tries to get him to eat one because he didn't realize they were food but as soon as he ate one he was hooked and nips them up right quick now, even faster than bloodworms! I feed him 3 pellets in the morning and 3 at night. Occasionally I might substitute one or the other for 1 pellet + a bloodworm. And about once a week a shelled green pea to help digestion.

Is this about right? Or maybe should I do 2 in morning and 2 at night?

2. s

superbutterfly12 Well Known Member Member

It sounds about right. Number of pellets i would base on the size and condition of your fish. Smaller less pellets larger full grown betta that should be fine. And if he's looking thin or fat adjust accordingly. They can be prone to constipation/bloat in which case i would add a fasting day somewhere in your week. It doesn't hurt to skip food for a day or two now and then in general

3. OP
    OP
    codyrex97

codyrex97 Well Known Member Member

I usually fast him the day after I decide to give him a pea so he can clean himself out thoroughly! Thanks for the tips, he's a fully matured young Betta so I'm sure he needs a hearty meal so I'll keep on with my normal routine and keep an eye on his body weight and look out for bloating.