Feeding Regiment

DuaneReads

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I am currently on this feeding regiment on a daily basis and I wanted to get some feedback on it. Everything mentioned is freshly caught live food which I grow myself. 1 large mosquito larvae, 1 large bloodworm, 1 daphnia and 1 artemia, 3 times a day. Once a day I place all the food inside a fresh hair algae ball so that he was to work it open to get to the food as most of them get stuck inside except for the bloodworms. Do you think I am feeding him well enough? Should I change anything?

btw the hair algae is not a problem as my 4 amano's love to eat it and they gobble up each day's portion by the next day

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I personally stick to feeding my bettas once per day, but sometimes they get food every few days. I would say that you are feeding enough, that’s fine.

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Looks good. I think your betta is really happy from all of the live foods!

I would try to add some sort of staple like small pellets for feeding #2. Like just 1-2 might be good.

Kamaile

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It's always good to have your betta on a cycle. Maybe feed your live foods 4 times a week, feed pellets twice a week, and have a day of fasting. Some people even feed peas the day after fasting, which is also a good idea.

DuaneReads

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
75g Discus Tank said:
Looks good. I think your betta is really happy from all of the live foods!

I would try to add some sort of staple like small pellets for feeding #2. Like just 1-2 might be good.
I would feed him pellets and I've tried but he won't eat anything that doesn't move in front of his eyes, unfortunately. He won't even eat freshly killed foods, but thx for the recommendation.

DuaneReads

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Kamaile said:
It's always good to have your betta on a cycle. Maybe feed your live foods 4 times a week, feed pellets twice a week, and have a day of fasting. Some people even feed peas the day after fasting, which is also a good idea.
I would feed him pellets or a pea and I've tried to feed him pellets but he won't eat anything that doesn't move in front of his eyes, unfortunately. He won't even eat freshly killed foods, but thx for the recommendation. I will start giving him a fasting day just in case he is eating too much

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom