feeding plans. will it work?

1. mrgoogls Member Member

k with my new tank sycling im planning on the feeding. duh! i know what i am getting:

4 angel fish
    2 blue acara
    15 rosy barbs
    10 swordtails
    12 kuhli loaches
    1 rainbow shark

to feed i am going to:
    as a staple feed homemade food- every morning and afternoon
    feed brine shrimp mixed with blood wormes every other day(for variety) with the afternoon feeding of homemade food
    feed a few blanched veggis 2 times per week(what veggies? i also will have a bit in the homemade food, so only 2 times per week)
    extra treats whenever i get them(worms, larva ect...)
    what do you think? will that be a healthy diet for them?

2. QQQUUUUAADDD Well Known Member Member

3. mrgoogls Member Member

not a reason really. i juts feel i want to know exactly what i am feeding my pets.(fish in this case:D) is there a problem with feeding the homemade as a staple? if there is please elaborate. i would also like to be mostly self relient on food. so if i run out and the pet store is closed, not a problem(just an example, not real reason) but the food will have a huge variety in foods.

4. QQQUUUUAADDD Well Known Member Member

Ohh, there's no problem at all. I was just curious as to why. That's all. :p

5. mrgoogls Member Member

oh ok. will that work though? do you need the recipe i will be using?

6. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

Sounds like a good plan to me, I might alternate between the bloodworms and shrimp just to keep things varied.

As for veggies it really depends on what your particular fish like to eat.

7. QQQUUUUAADDD Well Known Member Member

It will most certainly work. I'm fine. I don't need the recipe. I know your gonna put in the right ingredients! :;hf

8. mrgoogls Member Member

lol, thanks for answering the ?. lots of help. if u want my recipe just P.M. me. my uncle made it. he has been keeping fish for like 40 years o_O. i just modified a bit. if u ask why i didnt ask him this question it is because he is in africa for like 3 months n vacation....talk about lucky! he said the food makes his fish more colorful and active so i guess it much behealthy because now that is all he feeds. no pellets or anything.