feeding peppered cories

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebbandflow

Valued Member
Reaction score
I just got six corydoras paleatus (peppered).  They are tiny... a little more then a half inch.  What should I feed them other then the flake food that falls to the bottom?  I got some shrimp pellets but they are waaaay to big for their mouths.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The shrimp pellets will disolve as they chew on them. They will love tehm. Also veggie wafers are a bit hit with corys. They need more than the flakes that fall to teh bottom.
Carol

OP
E

ebbandflow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah and how many pellets should I put in for six small cories (I feed twice a day). I dont want to overfeed.

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
A couple of pieces of the shrimp pellets should be good once a day. Variety is the key. Keep your eyes open for plankton and earthworm sticks. They should go apey over those also.

Kens Fish also has some spirulina and veggie sticks that your corys might like. I've ordered from him before and was very satisfied.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Once a day is plenty, for six I would give them about 3-4 pellets (nobodys gonna eat a whole one). When using veggie wafers you can break one up in to fourths. I feed my bottom feeders(corys, plecos, bristlenose) in the same place at every feeding. Then when I do a gravel vac I clean in that spot especially well. that way food isn't spread all over the tank and they will know where to look for food.
Carol

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They tend to get in between all the gravel at the bottom as they break apart in the water, but they shouldn't cloud the water, just if anything leave a bit of a mess on the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 90 66.7%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 24 17.8%

Top Bottom