Feeding peacock gudgeon fry

Janice1979

What are you feeding your fry? Peacock gudgeons are the only thing I have ever bred and I’ve only done it once. I fed filter squeezing from my display tank for the first two weeks until they were big enough to eat the Sera O Nip, Hikari Micropellet, and Hikari Bottom Feeder Wafers that I ground to a fine powder. Anyone using a processed fry food that works well? I really don’t have space here for culturing live foods.

carsonsgjs

I feed my shellie fry ocean nutrition instant baby brine shrimp. Comes in a jar that you just keep in the fridge, saves you hatching them yourself. Not the cheapest by any stretch, but convenient.

Upvote 0

Yeoy

Peacock gudgeons are probably my favourite fish! Glad someone is breeding them, they are unfortunately relatively rare and hard to come by.

Re: Feeding, I remember someone I know feeding their PG fry a sort of cooked egg-yolk mix once they were big enough to eat it (still broken up into very small pieces) and in small doses so it doesn't foul the water. Can't remember exactly how they prepared the egg yolk but I'm sure a Google would turn it up. Would love to see pics of the pair and/or fry if you post again :)

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

So far, i have been using the fry food mix squeeze bottle thing from aquarium co-op. They are obviously getting enough to eat because they been growing and turn a month old on tuesday! Possibly should be big enough for the super micro pellets soon....maybe some brine shrimp as well(i hope).

So far a pretty high survival rate, just kind of hard to know for sure since they start so small and grow pretty slow...

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

20 Gallon Tank Breeding Peacock Gudgeons
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
jkkgron2