30 Gallon Tank Feeding Norman Lampeye Killifish - HALP!

dahl

I have 6 new lampeye killifish in my 32g fluval flex. The only other inhabitants are neo shrimp and nerites.

The lampeye are possibly not full-grown, but maybe they are. They are adorably tiny, about the same size as the neo shrimp.

I'm not sure how to feed them, since currently they panic and hide when I go near the tank. I have microworms and grindal worms but those will have sunk and hidden in the plants by the time the fish come back out of hiding. Likewise I have fluval bug bites and dried blood worms, but they seem to sink too quickly too.

I haven't been able to source live daphnia nearby at all, but I seem to have a thriving population of random copepods etc in the tank water. I have some Bacter AE to try to cultivate that further.

What floating food would be best for them for now, until they get used to me? I have floating betta pellets, and I am running errands today so I can buy something else.

Edit: I will be adding 6 more when these guys have settled in

TClare

I was going to say live daphnia…I find the fluvial bug bites for small fish do float for a a while if you put them in very carefully. Otherwise maybe try some crushed flakes? They will probably be more keen to eat when they are settled so don’t worry too much.

dahl

I was going to say live daphnia…I find the fluvial bug bites for small fish do float for a a while if you put them in very carefully. Otherwise maybe try some crushed flakes? They will probably be more keen to eat when they are settled so don’t worry too much.
Thanks! I've never kept shy fish before, and I am a natural worrier LOL

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
devsi
Replies
Views
Cherryshrimp420
Replies