Feeding Nerite Snails

Erica0107

I've been trying to supplement my nerite snails diet with zucchinI but so far they haven't touched it. Theres not hardly any algae in the tank now. They cleaned it all up. I've left a chunk of the zucchinI in the tank overnight 3 nights in a row now, but either they can't find it or don't want it.

Any ideas?

catman3

well did you try algae pellets? I put my ramshorn on the zuchinI at first. good luck.

harpua2002

I've been trying to supplement my nerite snails diet with zucchinI but so far they haven't touched it. Theres not hardly any algae in the tank now. They cleaned it all up. I've left a chunk of the zucchinI in the tank overnight 3 nights in a row now, but either they can't find it or don't want it.

Any ideas?

HI Erica, are these the nerites you got from me? We've been feeding our nerites New Life Spectrum H20 Stable wafers (algae wafers) as well as fresh veggies. They also like our Omega One shrimp pellets, and pretty much any other leftover foods. We keep them in tanks with Tylo's so I guess that's who's been eating our fresh veggies! LOL. Sorry for the mis-advice.

Elodea

My nerites snails never eat fresh vegetables. They feed on algae and only algae. For this, I grow algae on rocks outdoors and bring them into the tank for the nerite to eat.

Erica0107

Yes Harpua..they are the ones from you Great little snails! I had tons of diatoms covering my rocks and they cleaned them up in just a couple days!!!

I haven't tried algae wafers since I figured my cories and possibly the other fish would have them eaten long before any of the snails could get to them. I don't how on earth to feed the wafers or shrimp pellets to the snails without overfeeding my other fish.

Catman3....I'll try putting them on the zucchini. Thanks for the tip.

Elodea....if all else fails I guess I'll be growing some algae too. Thanks to you as well

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom