Feeding nano fish

FinalFins
So one of the reasons I don't keep tiny fish that much is becasue I suck at feeding them. Yup. The fish either don't take food or the food is too big. Probably one of the reasons I failed with cpds.

Exploring dither fish my choice is either daisy's rice fish, some tetras or cories. I would love to have all 3 but i'd prefer to keep it out of a community tank.

quesiton is about smaller tetras. Specifically neons and ember tetras. Feeding around 20 of them.

I was planning on crushing fluval bug bites or buying some super small pellet food and using that.

What are some ways you guys feed really small fish? Curious so I can do it right next time.

Any brands out there that sell really small food?

Iggypuffer
I use flakes for my lemon tetras. I try to crush them up some, but even if they are still too big they brake when the fish eats them.

Feohw
My neons eat anything. JBL NovoBel flakes, dennerle neon booster (very small granules, great size for CPD's as well). Crushed bug bites, small Vitalis tropical pellets. I don't find it hard to feed them or CPD's.

The CPD's will eat NovoBetta flakes and dennerle neon booster as well.

Out of these, the dennerle granules are the smallest. Followed by the NovoBetta flakes.

LadfromLondon
My Betta is around 4CM at the moment, and he takes micro pellets easily but his bloodworms I cut into around pieces of 3 before soaking, and this seems to work

flyinGourami
I crush up flakes until they are almost a dusty powder. Hikari Micropellets have worked really well for me.

kelm23
My ember tetras will only eat crushed flake food. I have daisy’s rice fish in a community tank and they eat EVERYTHING!

FinalFins
Seems like flake is the easiest for nano fish..

-Mak-
I bought new life spectrum small fish, which is high quality but still too big for my chili rasboras and ember tetras. I used an API test tube to crushed the pellets

FinalFins
Ah, so the new life spectrum are too big.

Maybe i'll go with a high quality flake.

LadfromLondon
I have also ordered stick on tablets and I’ll see how they go...

Feohw
I forgot my stick on tablets too. Stick a JBL novotab (similar to sera o-nip tabs) to the glass and everyone gets some. They love it too. Smaller fish can easily break it apart. And as they bite it, smaller particles float into the water column where other fish can get some. Very handy food that the fish love.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Silverleaf209
Replies
Views
Cherryshrimp420
Replies
Views
Crab67
Replies
Views