29 Gallon Tank Feeding My Pleco

Btull3911

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have a beautiful albino bristle nose pleco now. With plenty of driftwood and a healthy amount of algae in the tanks. “I have had 4 otos for a while and have never fed them algae pellets and they are fa” What’s the best way to feed him?

Wraithen

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Many people have luck with cucumber and zucchini.

You should occasionally offer your otos some type of aufwuchs food like soilent green by repashy. They are not strictly herbivores.

pagoda

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Veggies such as sliced cucumber, cougette, carrot and algae wafers will bolster his appetite since they can't live healthy lives on aquarium algae alone

DoraCory

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My clown pleco likes to sit on top of courgette slices and swishes it's tail at anyone who comes near it. It quite likes carrot too.

pagoda

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
@phishRfriends

My Pleco is the same....seriously food possessive/aggressive when it comes to HIS carrot & cucumber slices (he even gets stroppy with me when I remove the uneaten bits cos I don't like to leave them in there for more than 24 hours.....he changes his attitude mind you when a new slice is placed near to him)

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I had to google courgette It seems it is just a different name for what we call zucchini. My plecos love their zucchini. Since I have no algae in my tank I supplement their diet with shrimp pellets and both algae and veggie wafers. Not all at the same time of course.

If yours has never had it or any fresh veggies it might take a while for him to discover it is actually good food. Just keep a slice of it in the tank placed in the same spot every time until he tries it. Once he gets a taste you can put it just about anywhere and he will find it.

Islandvic

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I use a bamboo skewer to secure a slice of cucumber in the tank. Plecos love it.

I remove the seeds and soft inner core first , makes less of a mess that way.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom