Feeding Kuhli Loaches?

jessatiel

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have 7 three-inch kuhli loaches, and I got them sinking wafers. What is a reasonable amount to feed them? I usually hear that you should feed fish only enough food so they can eat it all in a few minutes, but my loaches are shy, so they don’t come out to eat, right away. About how many wafers would be right?
Thank you!

wodesorel

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Meat-based will go over better than plant-based. I have about two dozen, slowly worked up to that over 14 years, and do Massivore Pellets for them a few times a week. The rest of the time they forage for leftovers from my ember tetra and seem happy enough. If you have a fine sand bed they will filter feed like gobies so they really do an amazing job of finding every last bit! Mine are not shy but I have no large fish to make them nervous, plus they get boisterous in large numbers. I call it them the kuhli ball when they go into feeding frenzy mode and 20 some fish are all after this big chunk of food. The more excited they get the more that come out to join in!

Jenoli42

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
wodesorel said:
Meat-based will go over better than plant-based. I have about two dozen, slowly worked up to that over 14 years, and do Massivore Pellets for them a few times a week. The rest of the time they forage for leftovers from my ember tetra and seem happy enough. If you have a fine sand bed they will filter feed like gobies so they really do an amazing job of finding every last bit! Mine are not shy but I have no large fish to make them nervous, plus they get boisterous in large numbers. I call it them the kuhli ball when they go into feeding frenzy mode and 20 some fish are all after this big chunk of food. The more excited they get the more that come out to join in!
what they said ^

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom