Feeding instructions 29 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Corydoras' started by deus ex machina, Mar 31, 2010.

1. deus ex machina

deus ex machinaValued MemberMember

Well I have oto cats and Cory's in my tank. The oto's where pretty easy to fed had plenty of algae, and have supplemented the algae with the hikari wafers and zuccini. But I also have cory's I have about 3 of each right now, am going to get more corydoras. The species I have now is of the julii variety. Was wondering, how often and how much should I feed the corys. I dunno if the oto's are eating the wafers at night entirely or the cory's. I drop 3 or 4 shrimp pellets for them at noon and then about 3 or so after lights out at around 9. I'm worried about over feeding them, and then again under feeding them.

Also sometimes do a mixture of flake food and blood worms every other day or so.

I am kinda worried I might be giving too much, so anyone have any tips to feed the oto's and corys.

2. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

A couple of shrimp pellets or algae wafers at night when the lights go out should be plenty. they also like a treat of thawed frozen blood worms occasionally also.
    Sounds like your feeding a bit much :) course we all like to see our babies eat ;)
    Carol

3. OP
    OP
    deus ex machina

Alright then I'll cut the food down to just at night, one has seemed sluggish recently thinking I might of over fed them x.X xD

4. REDKAHUNA

REDKAHUNAValued MemberMember

My adult cories get fed only at night whatever is on the menu.

Cories have expandable stomachs so can eat a lot in 1 setting overfeeding them is usually not a problem being underfed is the problem.

If the tank params are good then dont worry. But I would suggest feeding them at lights out once a day this will ensure no tank trouble from overfeeding and they will get there food.

5. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Good afternoon,

My Cory Cats have learned to forage for food all over the tank. It's rare that any food makes it to the bottom because of my other fish. The Cory's are all doing well and growing as they should. Once I feed all of my fish I usually see my Cory's all over the place, day or night. I've seen them gather food that passes through other fishes gills.

Ken

6. OP
    OP
    deus ex machina

Well its funny, I had a zuccini in the tank for the otos Now Im not sure who ate it and left just the skin. I know my oto's need constantly some food, and I was giving them the zuccini, but not so sure who ate it xD

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice