Feeding Honey Gourami

jwde2009

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi all

I have three honey gourami that have been in my tank since Friday and I haven't gotten them to eat yet They're very active and social swimmers (3 males I think) so they don't seem sick yet I can't get their attention for feeding Any tips?

Thanks!

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I wouldn't think they would eat yet, it usually takes a few days for them to show interest.
Try feeding them a variety of nutritious foods, such as brine shrimp, a carnivorous flake food, and possibly some worms of some type.
That's what my Honey eats.

Jessi

Reaction score
Did you get your honeys to eat? I feed my honey's tank with a variety too: flakes, crushed hikaru pellets, shrimp bottom feeder pellets, frozen blood worms, algae wafers. It took my honey some time to really get into the feeding routine, and for a while he was the slowest eater in the tank. I just made sure there was some extra food lying around for him to scavenge later. Now tho, his favorite is the shrimp pellets, tho he will eat anything. He is very active at feeding time but will still scavenge throughout the day.

Jessi

Reaction score
As a feeding side note: I let my crushed pellet (crushed to a powder) and blood worms soak in a vial of tank water for 5 min before feeding. My fish personally don't eat those foods otherwise.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom