Feeding From The Filter Outlet

emeraldking

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well, yesterday evening I was watching a female tiburon limia (Limia tridens) trying to feed herself while going into the filter outlet. First I thought she was stuck in there but it turned out that she was just eating from the inside of the filter outlet. It even seemed that she was so eager to eat from there, that it took a while before she was finished. And it was funny for the filter was running and so the air bubbles and the waterflow were making it hard on her to swim and stay in the filter outlet. But she was quite determined to stay in there...
livebearer7 357a.jpg

livebearer7 358.jpg

livebearer7 359.jpg

livebearer7 360.jpg

It seems that I've got some silly fish swimming overhere... Well, it does match the owner... :smuggrin:

CheshireKat

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hm, silly... Or smart? She's getting more food than the others!
I had a couple Molly fry by the intake sponge and I thought they were struggling against the pull... Until I noticed they were catching food particles being pulled to the intake while the rest of the fish were swimming around looking for food! I thought, "wow, aren't you two smart? Why go to the food when it can come to you?"
But I usually shut off the filter for that reason (so food doesn't get sucked up before they can eat it).

OP
emeraldking

emeraldking

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Overhere a short video of how this female was feeding from the outlet.

New Threads