Feeding From The Filter Outlet

Discussion in 'Livebearers' started by emeraldking, Aug 18, 2019.

1. emeraldking

emeraldkingWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1,222
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Well, yesterday evening I was watching a female tiburon limia (Limia tridens) trying to feed herself while going into the filter outlet. First I thought she was stuck in there but it turned out that she was just eating from the inside of the filter outlet. It even seemed that she was so eager to eat from there, that it took a while before she was finished. And it was funny for the filter was running and so the air bubbles and the waterflow were making it hard on her to swim and stay in the filter outlet. But she was quite determined to stay in there...
    livebearer7 357a.
    livebearer7 358.
    livebearer7 359.
    livebearer7 360.
    It seems that I've got some silly fish swimming overhere... :) Well, it does match the owner... :smuggrin:

2. CheshireKat

CheshireKatWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +492
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Hm, silly... Or smart? She's getting more food than the others!
    I had a couple Molly fry by the intake sponge and I thought they were struggling against the pull... Until I noticed they were catching food particles being pulled to the intake while the rest of the fish were swimming around looking for food! I thought, "wow, aren't you two smart? Why go to the food when it can come to you?"
    But I usually shut off the filter for that reason (so food doesn't get sucked up before they can eat it).

3. OP
    OP
    emeraldking

emeraldkingWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1,222
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    You've got a point there...