Feeding Frank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Frankinstein love, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Frankinstein love

Frankinstein love New Member Member

Hi there! My beta Frankenstein is blind I believe. He is in a 10 gallon filtered tank with 5 tetras (recommended from petco) and 2 snails. When I feed Frank his pellets he gobs at water missing them completely most times. Hes better at snatching worms. Im afraid hes not getting enough or any as the tetras come in and bully him away. How do I make sure hes getting his share without dumping all kinds of food in? Which is what is happening

2. Bettafishies126

Bettafishies126 Valued Member Member

You may have to separate him and feed him by himself and add him back in if he is truly blind

3. OP
    OP
    Frankinstein love

That wont stress him out too much? Im just afraid of killing him by pulling him out so much. He puts on a great chase despite his handicap

4. Bettafishies126

Bettafishies126 Valued Member Member

It would probably stress him a little, but if he's blind and also has to compete for food and you believe he isn't getting enough, it might be the best option.

You could have a small cup or container and just scoop him into it and float it on the top of the tank while you feed him, that way the temp and water is all the same but he is by himself :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2018
  5. OP
    OP
    Frankinstein love

I love that idea! Thanks bf126! Auwsome!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice