Feeding flakes to guppys

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by atmmachine816, Mar 19, 2006.

1. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

Can you feed veggie flakes to gupppies. I know they need veggies in there diet so I was wondering if you groudn up the flakes if you could feed veggie flakes to baby guppies?????

Thanks

Austin

2. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Yes they take the veggie flakes readily. You don't even have to break them up real small. My guppies of all ages get a meal of veggie flakes everyday.
    CArol

3. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

Ok what about frozen blood worms and other frozen foods are there any good ones out there that they like and are healthy for them???

4. MarcWell Known MemberMember

The only live/frozen food that can really be fed to guppy fry is baby brine shrimp, but adult guppies love almost anything.

5. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

They love frozen food, just don't feed them very often.
    carol

6. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

I got frozen bloodworms, any hints on feeding it to them properly

7. vinWell Known MemberMember

Be careful with the forzen or live bloodworms...They have loads of bacteria that can harm not only your water but you as well....I personally stay away from them and use the freeze dried....Even then you have to be careful of them as well. They shouldn't be handled and the dust shouldn't be inhaled.

I think I posted this in another thread...I just pour a few into the cap of the container and sprinkle them into the tank.

Nasty stuff those bloodworms......

8. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

They'll eat anything. The key word is variety. And lots of veggie stuff. ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice