Question Feeding fish

Mandy UK

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi everyone. Just a question on feeding. Many sites u read either say feed twice daily or once where the fish eat within 2 mins. I have 5 make guppies, a snail and 5 cherry shrimps in an 8 gallon tank and at the moment feed them once a day but don't feed them on a Saturday. I do vary their feeds. Any thoughts please...,

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Mandy UK and Welcome to Fish Lore!

I feed my fish once a day also with a varied diet. I think what you're doing is fine. Over feeding can lead to many different problems.

You may find this link informative:
https://www.fishlore.com/Articles/FishFoodForDummies.htm

I hope you enjoy the site!
Ken
I've moved your thread to the Fish Food section of the forum.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Mandy UK

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
That was quick Ken!!! This is what I love about this forum is that very quick with replies Thanks very much just wanted to check that I was doing it correctly.

REDKAHUNA

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sounds good to me I feed adults once daily, fry etc. 3 times daily and once a month I give adults 2 days off with no food.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Smithgerry,

I've deleted your post as the comments really don't pertain to the original post. Please go here:

and create a thread in the Welcome To Fish Lore section so that everyone can give you a proper Welcome Welcome to Fish Lore by the way
I hope you enjoy the site.
Ken

Elodea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I feed twice daily and give them a a day off without food every two weeks.

But every time i get what I consider a relatively large pinch of flakes, wet them, and let them sink, my fish polish them off in less than 30 seconds. Hehe.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom