Feeding Fish Duckweed

matija
I have 2 chubs in pond and I want to know should I put duckweed in pond so fish can eat or I need to train it to eat it somehow

Smalltownfishfriend
My goldfish eat a soft ball sized portion in a day when I put it in.. no training nessasary! They should recognize it as food!!

matija
I reallz hope so

Can I teach them somehow to eat from my hand

Smalltownfishfriend
My goldfish will eat from my hand.. at least they did in the tank I did not try it sometime they are I'm the pond.. I would tap on the front of the aquarium and then feed them.. they soon realize that a tap means food.. I would then hold the food above the tank and they very quickly learned to stick their heads out of water and nip it it from my fingers.!!

matija
It must be so fun

2211Nighthawk
My goldfish will eat from my hand.. at least they did in the tank I did not try it sometime they are I'm the pond.. I would tap on the front of the aquarium and then feed them.. they soon realize that a tap means food.. I would then hold the food above the tank and they very quickly learned to stick their heads out of water and nip it it from my fingers.!!
I have to try that now with my angel. He nips and then gets food dumped on his head.

Smalltownfishfriend
It must be so fun
Yep you should definitely try it!!!

I have to try that now with my angel. He nips and then gets food dumped on his head.
Lol!!! Nothing like a fish bite!!

Alex6455
My dwarf gourami always does that. So much fun! Sometimes he jumps HIGH and splashes all over my stand

matija
It would be cool but I think I would get that only if I had northern pike or trout or some predator.

2211Nighthawk
It would be cool but I think I would get that only if I had northern pike or trout or some predator.
Eh?! I’ve seen the teeth on those pike, that will take your finger clean off.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Bighead
  • Question
Replies
Views
MySquishy
Top Bottom