Feeding Earthworm To Fish?

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by GlamCrab, Apr 18, 2018.

1. GlamCrab

GlamCrabWell Known MemberMember

this might sound weird, but.. is it okai to feed live earthworms to my fish? They are the same earthworms i feed to my axolotl. The fish seem to love them. Its also one of the rare things my bumblebee goby (true freshwater) will eat. The other being bloodworms. Of course i cut up the earthworms to be more bite sized. Even saw my corydoras slurp one like a spaghetti

2. Rohit mess

Rohit messValued MemberMember

Yup it is okay. We had done it many times. Catch fresh worms, then wash them to get off the dirt and feed it. Though now a days i havent done it, and if i do i will make sure to blanch them. Do not want parasites to get to my fishy...
    I also feed mosquito worms that i get once in week or two in my garden water bowl.

3. OP
    OP
    GlamCrab

Okai good, tho the worms i use are bait worms. Everything is still frozen over in canada so i cant dig for worms.
    How do you blanch worms?

4. scarface

scarfaceFishlore VIPMember

Sure, I don’t see why not. Sounds like you’ve been doing just that, actually.

5. Rohit mess

Rohit messValued MemberMember

Boil water an add worms to it. Remove in a minute. Cut and serve. Garnish with 1/10 a clove of garlic and couple of tiny pieces of blanched cucumber.
    They deserve a different cuisine once in a while.

6. OP
    OP
    GlamCrab

My fish do get other fish foods. The bumblebee gobies are just trickier to feed. I was wondering if i was giving them healthy food since i know bloodworms are more like fish candy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice