Feeding Earthworm To Fish?

GlamCrab

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
this might sound weird, but.. is it okai to feed live earthworms to my fish? They are the same earthworms i feed to my axolotl. The fish seem to love them. Its also one of the rare things my bumblebee goby (true freshwater) will eat. The other being bloodworms. Of course i cut up the earthworms to be more bite sized. Even saw my corydoras slurp one like a spaghetti

Rohit mess

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yup it is okay. We had done it many times. Catch fresh worms, then wash them to get off the dirt and feed it. Though now a days i havent done it, and if i do i will make sure to blanch them. Do not want parasites to get to my fishy...
I also feed mosquito worms that i get once in week or two in my garden water bowl.

GlamCrab

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Rohit mess said:
Yup it is okay. We had done it many times. Catch fresh worms, then wash them to get off the dirt and feed it. Though now a days i havent done it, and if i do i will make sure to blanch them. Do not want parasites to get to my fishy...
I also feed mosquito worms that i get once in week or two in my garden water bowl.
Okai good, tho the worms i use are bait worms. Everything is still frozen over in canada so i cant dig for worms.
How do you blanch worms?

scarface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Sure, I don’t see why not. Sounds like you’ve been doing just that, actually.

Rohit mess

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Boil water an add worms to it. Remove in a minute. Cut and serve. Garnish with 1/10 a clove of garlic and couple of tiny pieces of blanched cucumber.
They deserve a different cuisine once in a while.

GlamCrab

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
My fish do get other fish foods. The bumblebee gobies are just trickier to feed. I was wondering if i was giving them healthy food since i know bloodworms are more like fish candy.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom